Monday, March 9, 2009

Tenderfoot Camp

Brace urselves 4 a long post...

On 6 march 2009,I went 2 my 1st scout camp,specially organised 4 the newcomers(tenderfoots...degrading right?).We had a good lunch in front of the squash courts b4 getting on the bus 2 Sarimbun Camp in Lim Chu Kang(UTC there also).When we reached there,we did a little footdrill b4 going 2 pitch tents.It took hours.I didn't know that pitching tents can b so long & so "xian" 1!

After that, we cooked our own food:Instant Noodles a la field(field cooking with mess tins).Actually burned some grass while cooking!

L8r that night,we went 4 night walk.We actually visited the beach where the evil Jap soldiers invaded Singapore.I was feeling very sick when I thought about the fact that the ground I was sitting on was once covered in blood and was still covered with the DNA of dead men.Then we negotiated an obstacle b4 sitting down 2 supper.We then went 2 sleep.I slept better compared 2 other camps.

Next morning,we did PT.Not much,just running about & push-ups but the senior acting as PTI kept making us "knock it down".Then we played some games,nothing much really.@ lunch,we found ourselves unable 2 eat the food as it was honestly the worse rubbish I had ever tasted!!!Good thing there was an apple as we threw away the main course after a few mouthfuls.

We then returned to school,had our debrief and went home.

This 1st camp was so-so,though I shudder 2 think wat my 2nd trip 2 Srimbun 4 UTC will b like...

Ora Et Labora.BB!!

No comments:

Post a Comment