Exactly one week after Tenderfoot Camp,off I went again 2 Jobweek Camp where we were 2 go around asking 4 jobs from other people.It was also a good opportunity 2 bond with my patrolmates in my new patrol-Blue Shark.
1st Day:
Came just in time!Howeva,I got a little confused about the seating arrangements.
My patrol leader is called Anthony and he's a scholar.He is already a PL even though he only came 2 Singapore las year.That was very pro!I went out 2 do my joibs with a Sec 4 called Lim Jiang and another Sec 2 boy called Gerald.
@ 1st,we went around Coronation.Howeva,no 1 offered us a job(mostly,we were beaten 2 the jobs by other scouts).Hence,we hopped on a bus 2 Bukit Timah and roamed 2nd to 3rd avenue.We managed 2 get a no. of jobs including gardening ,washing a car and cleaning a wall.The wall cleaning was the hardest as no matter we tried 2 clean the stains,moss and scum off the wall,.it would'nt come off and the owner of the house was really turned off,Thank the divine name of GOD,her mother came along & gave us some advice.From our efforts,we earned $69.
That night,after a nice meal and some study,we were reprimanded by the camp commandants 4 our lacklustre collection.We were determined 2 do better the next day.
Day 2:
This was the most sucesssful day yet.Mayb because we started early in the morning and that it was a Sunday but I earned $142.In the morning,after a quick breakfast,we went 2 the area aroun Sixth Avenue.We made quick money doing jobs like trimming plants.In the afternion,we went 2 Lim Jiang's condo and helped his dad clean his car and sweep.After that spot of work,we polished off some fried rice and cucumbers b4 we negotiated the many blocks.One of the more interesting jobs
was when we were asked 2 polish brass.it was kind of alien 2 me but I still did it well(it's easy,trust me).
After dinner,we were praised 4 our good work and were allowed 2 watch a movie:Hoodwinked.It was real funny except that there were 2 many songs.
Day 3:
This was the worst day of all,
We went as a patrol this time 2 the HDB flats in Jurong.A wide variety of partners and myself charged around the blocks but in thye end,I only earned $51!!
That night however,we were praised again as others had made up 4 our shortcomings & we were allowed 2 watch another movie:The Spiderwick chronicles.Very nice special effects and storyline.
Day 4(2day):
2day,we had 2 do CIP.
we went 2 one room flats in Toa Payoh and cleaned them up.I did the windows.After a sumptious lunch @ Macdonalds,we went back 2 school and we Sec 1s registered ourselves with the scouts and went home.
Alll in all,it was an enjoyable camp and I pray UTC will b good & mayb better.
Ora Et Labora.BB!

No comments:
Post a Comment